Friday, November 16, 2007

In Loving Memory of Kermita




I changed my mind. You know when I wrote a post on how I don't like frogs? I was wrong. I didn't have ranidaphobia. I was able to conquer my fear. I love my frog. it's name is KERMITA. I remember the first time I held him with my bare hands. That day, I realized that it is hard to let go. It seems like I wanted that day to be forever. I wanted to take care of him but I can't. I also remember our day of dissection. I wanted to bond with him for the last time because a few hours later, I will be killing him. I was even crying when I pinned him on my dissecting pan. He was not paralyzed, so he is moving like crazy, and I can feel his pain. After dissection, I wrote a dedication in his bottle. It goes like this: "Kahit nung una ayaw kitang hawakan, mahirap pa rin sakin ang saktan ka. Natutunan kitang hawakan, natutunan na din kitang mahalin. Hirap na hirap akong i-dissect ka, alam na alam mu yan. sana maintindihan mo ako. Sorry talaga!!! I love you very much!". See, I loved my frog and I will always keep KERMITA in my heart...

0 comments: